Monday, January 19, 2009

The Great Itch

SUNDAY, 18 JAN

3 AM : *scratch scratch* "Omg..." *yawn*, "What is this bloody itch?!" *scratch scratch* *falls right back to sleep*

4.30 AM : *scratch* "Damned! Stupid mosquito's..." *turns over and falls back to sleep*

7.30 AM : wakes up to get ready for church. Neck was itching like nobody's business as well as my legs and arms. I had hives ALL over my body. It was red and hideous and I was wondering how I'm to show up at church.


Thankfully, the itchiness subsided while I was in church. Else I'd be twitching and squirming all throughout mass. Located my saviour (in 2 different ways but only he would understand the 2nd one), Fred after church. He managed to decipher my heavily coded uni timetable for me as I had classes the next day. THANK YOU FREDDEH!


Back home, the itch began to unveil its hideous head once again. So to distract myself, I picked up a book to read and managed to fall into a calm (and itch numbing) slumber till 6PM.


The moment my mind reclaimed consciousness... FU-YOH.. you cannot imagine how I looked like. The hives had spread to my FACE! While I was asleep! THOSE NASTY SLY THINGS! So I was all poofy and red. And not to forget, very itchy.

Mom suspected bedbugs or something so she put my bedsheets in to wash. And both of us hurried out to find a doctor.

On a Sunday night. At 8PM. Yeah right.

We searched and searched and couldnt find a single doctor nearby (my mom's regular one was closed), much less an open one. I literally had to use my thumb and forefingers to force my swollen eyelids open. Seriously. It was so bad.

Lady Luck finally gave up bullying us and as we turned a corner in Sea Park, there stood AN OPEN CLINIC *cue a singing choir of angels* *oh, and some great spotlight from above the clinic*

Well that was how it looked to me at that moment.

The doc was a man in his fifties. Rough and impatient. And didnt explain anything until we asked him questions. I spent 30 minutes looking for his clinic and was in there for only 3. Internal allergy. Pills, calamine lotion. Now bye bye.

Sheesh! Anyways, I sapu-ed Calamine lotion all over to sooth the itchiness and downed his pills at night.

I succumbed to drowsiness at 10.30, sooooo hoping it would die down so I could attend uni to next day.



MONDAY, 19 JAN ( UNI DAY!!!)


No such luck. Woke up at 6.45AM to get ready.
My body felt as if it was weighed down with a hundred metal balls.
My eyelids felt as if they were filled with lead.

I was in NO condition to step into the outside world.

Mom brought me to her regular doctor at 10AM. The itching has RECEDED! But my eyes were still practically swollen shut.

So much for uni. *sighs*

The doc was an indian woman who, at first sight at me went "HI there! You look like Garfield!!". Haha. She was friendly and seemed to be a very close friend of moms'. Her office was painted orange and yellow. So was the rest of the clinic. It was so bright and happy!! I like!! And she had a zillion pictures stuck on her walls and even had this furry thing clinging on to her stethoscope. You're just forced to be a kid again in there. Haha.

She told me I was allergic to something and made me work my half-dead brain to recall my Saturday afternoon on whether I had consumed or done something outta the ordinary. Nope, I hadn't done any.


THEN CAME THE HORRIBLE JAB. =(


Well, at least I didnt faint before or during the jab. OR AFTER. Like, how does it make sense to faint AFTER it? What's the point huh *coughCHONGcough*?? haha!

I feel much better now, and the hives have gone away.

UNI, HERE I COMEEEEEEE!! .....One week and one day late..

HATS OFF

YOU FIRST

BEEN THERE,DONE THAT

HEY,YOU