Thursday, April 2, 2009

Age Misperception

As of late, people have randomly been striking up conversations with me and it made me feel wary at first (well, mostly because some of them are pretty old people. What? AS IF any of them are planning to hand over his fortune to me anytime soon. I mean, why on earth do they talk to me? To butter me up and then kidnap me?) but I got used to the feeling of wanting to take flight at every new sentence during those conversations.

What I have YET to get used to is that, somewhere in the middle of those conversations, they give away the fact that they think I'm not as old as I look. So I guess the kidnapping theory is still there. But maybe they just want me to be involved in some pre-arranged marriage with one of their grandsons. LOL! I'm such an exaggerater.


There has been 5 incidents so far whereby I've been thought to be younger than me real age.

1st - In the gym, when Azira, a 14 yo girl who lives in the next block came up to me and asked me how old I was. She wore the face of pure shock when I told her my age, saying I look 15! Dammit. Please note that I thought SHE looked 18.

2nd - The man who lives on the 17th floor whom I met in the lift after gym, who striked a friendly conversation about the gym, asked if the air conditioning there was working, told me he has never utilised it, and then asked me if I usually go there after SCHOOL.

3rd - The real estate agent who -while waiting for my mom to finish scouting one of the rooms-quietly asked me which SCHOOL I go to. Said she thought I looked more of a Fourth or Fifth Former.

4th - The business man who lives on the 21st floor and apparently comes back only once every few months, -a piece of information derived from a lift convo- asked me about SCHOOL.

5th - The salesman in Pavillion - SCHOOL.


Is there something about my face that makes me look like a kid? The way I carry myself? The way I talk?

Talk about irritation.



I.




AM.





E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N, people!! ok well, 17 and a half would be more precise

HATS OFF

YOU FIRST

BEEN THERE,DONE THAT

HEY,YOU